Posted on: 11th September 2019
Mr. Christopher Kemei (left),Director/Universal Service Fund (USF), Mr. Matano Ndaro (centre), Director/Licensing, Compliance and Standards and Mr. Maxwell Mosoti, Acting Director/Competition, Tariffs and Market Analysis in new changes announced by the Acting Director General Ms.Mercy Wanjau.She said the changes are meant to ensure the Authority realizes its vision of a digitally transformed nation.
The Communications Authority of Kenya (CA) has today made changes in its senior management in an effort to enhance service delivery.
The Acting Director General Ms. Mercy Wanjau said the changes are also meant to ensure the Authority realizes its vision of a digitally transformed nation.
‘‘The Authority is committed to effectively discharge its mandate to ensure that the ICT sector contributes to the country’s socio-economic growth. In order to achieve this, one of our Strategic Plan (2018-2023) objectives is to strengthen the institutional capacity and stimulate a high performance culture,’’ she said.
Ms.Wanjau further noted that the Authority regularly reviews the available skills and experiences and redeploys staff to fully leverage on their strengths and to meet the ever-evolving sector needs. ‘‘This is geared towards enhancement of service delivery, efficiency and innovation,’’ she added.
The changes are as follows:
1.Mr. Christopher Kemei, currently the Director/Licensing, Compliance and Standards has been redeployed as Director/Universal Service Fund (USF).
- Mr. Matano Ndaro, currently the Director, Competition, Tarrifs and Market Analysis has been redeployed as Director/Licensing, Compliance and Standards
3.Mr. Maxwell Mosoti, currently Acting Director/Universal Service Fund (USF) has been redeployed as Acting Director/Competition, Tariffs and Market Analysis.
Other changes include:
- Mr. Kipng’etich Rotich, currently Assistant Director/Human Resource Management has been redeployed to the Universal Service Fund (USF) as Assistant Director, Project Monitoring and Evaluation.
- Ms. Beatrice Bonga, currently Manager/Human Resource Services has been appointed Acting Assistant Director/Human Resource Management.
- Ms. Emma Otieno, currently Manager/Corporate Planning has been redeployed to the Universal Service Fund (USF) as Manager/Fund Mobilization and Management.
- Ms. Priscah Motogwa, currently Assistant Manager/Human Resources, has been appointed Acting Manager/Administration.
The staff who have been redeployed have a vast wealth of experience. The Authority strongly believes these changes will contribute towards the overall institutional performance and delivery of the Government’s Big 4 Agenda for the benefit of the citizens of Kenya.
The changes take effect immediately.