The Communications Authority of Kenya (CA) assigns numbers under the following conditions:
- The assigned numbering resources must be put into service within a period of six months from the date of assignment. The resources that are not activated after the expiry of the six-month period, without approval from the Authority, are automatically withdrawn and reverted back to the CA and made available to other users. Additionally, the assignee loses the right to use the numbers
- Applicants for additional numbers must account for the numbers earlier assigned within the relevant category and show evidence of 80% utilization in order to be considered for any additional resource assignments.
- Numbers and Addresses assigned by the CA are not transferable, without the permission from the Authority.
- The CA may conduct regular audits on the utilization of the numbering resources to ensure that the resources are utilized for the intended purpose and used in accordance with the prescribed procedures.
- Additionally, all assignments, reservations, reclamations and penalties are subject to the prevailing Kenya Communications (Amendment) Act 2009, the prevailing regulations, the licence conditions, the prescribed dialling formats and relevant International Telecommunication Union (ITU) standards and guidelines that are issued from time to time.
- Any violations may result in the cancellation of the assignment.